Pets aren’t just pets – they’ve treasured friends and family members. As pet owners, we want to keep our buddies safe both at home and on the road. Whether they’re headed for fun times at the park or a trip to the vet, here are a few tips for safe…
As a nation of pet lovers & with 45 percent of us in the United States owning some sort of animal. Inevitably at some point, your best friend will need to tag along for a trip to the vets or a long road trip. So take heed of the rules & keep your self-safe with our top tips.
In 2010, a peaceful Oxford town was woken up after a 16 year old flipped her instructor’s car upside-down on a residential street. Luckily no one was hurt, but the car was totaled due to her negligence.
1. Dogs should be secured into the car with a harness attached to the seat belt, they can also travel in the boot with the dog securely in place. make sure you remember to remove the parcel shelf
2. On a long journey don’t feed 2hrs before travel to avoid car sickness.
3. Smaller pets cats, rabbits, etc in pet carrier & secured with a seat belt
4. Always carry water in case your pet overheats in an emergency.
5. Use sunshades to cover the windows when it is hot or very sunny, NEVER leave your pet alone in a hot car. Keep your car well ventilated.
6. Make it comfortable, take a favourite toy as a distraction or a familiar blanket.
7. Don’t allow your pet to ride with their head outside the window, it may seem cute but can be potentiality dangerous.
8. Keep your vehicle cool & well ventilated. Ensure all cages & crates are secure